Saturday, February 6, 2010

If I had a Million Dollars...

If I had a million dollars...It used to be a fantasy of my dreams, but now, it's reality! It all started last Saturday, when I decided to press my luck at a Lotto 649 game. My horoscope told me it was my lucky day, and boy, was it ever right, (for once!) I chose my numbers and the next day, bam, I had become one of the richest in the city. I had won 40 million dollars!!!! I leaped up for joy, as I had never been a lucky person, never won anything in my life, never a prize, never a draw, never a raffle. Needless to say it was a miracle that I had won the 40 million dollar lottery jackpot.

I feel on top of the world! My heart is racing and it feels like I could just run around an hug everyone I see. I am so happy. I run, jump, and laugh because of the great fortune I just had. It's a miracle, a one in a million chance. It's not only unbelievable, it's absolutely crazy! But then, I think of all the people who are not happy at this time. I feel selfish and ashamed. I think about the people in Haiti, the people who are homeless and wounded. The people with no family, no parents, no one in their lives to take care of them, and I promise to myself that I will donate a fair chunk to their cause, so that I may make a difference in some of their lives.

Okay, so now what to do with this money... hmm... Then I think I'll hit the sunny beach of Australia, followed by a trip to Italy to visit Venice and Rome. You know what? I think I'll just take a trip all around the world to experience some really neat stuff as well as to help some of the other people who need help. I'll donate 5 million dollars to the devastated country of Haiti, as well as to some other charity's so that I may spread my happiness and wealth to other people who are less fortunate. But I still have so much more money! Bank some of it so I can gain some interest, and I'll invest in some stocks and some businesses, just to keep some money flowing. Eventually, maybe I'll start an organization, kinda like Craig Keilberger. It will help people in need by supplying them with some of the basic things that we take forgranted. Even food and water. I really want the world to be a better place and this will ensure that more people will be able to live a happier life. I sigh, what a wonderful thought. It's almost dreamlike...

I wake up, its 11:59 pm on Friday. Wait it's not even Saturday? I haven't won all this money? My head spins in confusion trying to figure everything out. My cell phone vibrates on the nightstand table next to me, indicating a text message. It's my daily horoscope. 'A lucky day awaits...' "Wow," I say under my breath. I get back under the covers and close my eyes, thinking about how great today is going to be... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment